Sunday, December 7, 2008

Back to blogging

Well, it has been a while since I posted here. Quite a while come to think of it... But a couple things have coalesced to cause me to think I need to get back to blogging: I need to write more, hopefully helping my writing to improve; I need to work on expressing the thoughts I learn in my devotions. Those two things have brought me back to the blog.

This morning I will only write a short post about a verse I read last night for worship. It is a Psalm of David. Psalm 16:11

You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
The part of the verse that struck me was "You will show me the path of life." David in this Psalm as in every other is speaking to God. But God is the One that will show David the path of life. The path of life is so windy and twisted sometimes that I wonder how I can ever know what tomorrow will hold. The Lord will reveal the path of life to each one of us. That is a promise.

In God's path of life there is fullness of joy. In doing God's will, following His path, we find the joy of the Lord that "is my strength." There is much joy in the Lord that we don't experience because we settle for the joy not of the Lord. Notice it doesn't say that In Your presence is joy, in God's presence is fullness of joy. Not the temporary, unsatisfying thing that the world calls joy, we are talking the real stuff!

Finally, at God's right hand are pleasures forevermore! That is where I want to be, at His right hand doing His pleasure, enjoying the fullness of joy that comes from being in His path of life.

No comments: